Request a Course Change
How Enrollment Works for COLLEGE, THINK, and ESF
Unlike other courses, COLLEGE, THINK, and ESF enrollment is handled centrally through the COLLEGE Office. You ranked your preferred courses as part of Approaching Stanford in June and are placed with a class in August--typically everyone receives one of their top choices. You can check your current placement by going to vcacollege.stanford.edu. If you wish a change, see the instructions below.
Students cannot add or drop the class via Axess or Simple Enroll. Instructors cannot add students to their sections; only the COLLEGE Office can add or drop students.
Current Status of Change Requests
We will begin accepting change requests for Winter and Spring classes on Monday, November 15.
Carefully read the directions below on how to request a change to your current assignment. Changes are NOT immediate--see the dates below for when you should check for results. The more requests we collect at once, the higher the chances of getting your desired result.
Request a Change to COLLEGE/THINK/ESF
Submit ALL change requests through a form so that we can process them more quickly and efficiently--do not email to request a change! Please be careful to select the right link that fits your situation. (If you have issues accessing the forms, try logging into Stanford in a Private Window/Incognito Window to clear out cached information that may be creating a problem.)
- If you have a Winter COLLEGE or THINK assignment and would like a different Winter COLLEGE or THINK course or section, click here (and then use the Select Action drop-down menu in VCAcollege). Note: we will have to close this form for a few hours each time we process submitted requests.
- For ALL other COLLEGE or THINK changes (Winter to Spring, Spring to Winter, Spring to Spring), click here for the online google form.
- UPDATE: If you are requesting to switch to COLLEGE 102: Citizenship in the 21st Century please email email@example.com with your request and the section that you would like to switch to.
Listed below are the processing dates for petitions. Petitions will generally be processed in the afternoon and your new schedule will appear on vcacollege.stanford.edu or Axess. Please note that these dates are subject to change based on volume.
- Monday, 11/15
- Wednesday, 11/17
- Friday, 11/19
- Monday, 11/22
- Monday, 11/29-Classes will appear on Axess
- Wednesday, 12/1
- Friday, 12/3
- Monday, 12/6
- Friday, 12/10
- Every day starting Monday, 12/13 through the end of the 1st week of the quarter (excluding winter closure)
Is This My Last Chance to Change?
No! We will continue to take requests through the first week of classes. Continue to submit requests once your schedule appears to be settled. It is much more difficult, however, to change a COLLEGE or THINK courses in the second week of the quarter.
Will My Change Be Approved?
We will accommodate as many changes as space allows. Sections have a hard maximum of 15 students and overloads will not be possible. However, ExploreCourses may have outdated information about space availability, and other change requests may open up new spaces. Be sure to keep an eye on your email in case we need to consult you.
For COLLEGE or THINK, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For ESF, please email email@example.com.
Please note that typical Stanford business hours are roughly 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday-Friday (and many commuting staff work a 7am-3pm schedule).